Many Life Benefits In Our Dance Lessons For Toddlers To Adults
Our Exceptional Dance Program Is Very Special. It’s Truly Fun After-School Education.
Problem: Inability To Focus
- In today’s world of distractions, it’s more difficult to get a child to focus…especially on homework or tasks.
- Academic peers may spend their evenings watching TV or playing video games. Dance is structured play, learning, and classic arts education in a positive, old-fashioned atmosphere.
- Great grades are a side effect of our world-class training dance classes which requires students to watch and listen to the teacher, think, focus to remember the combinations, get their body to do it correctly and pay attention to the tiny details every dance lesson.
- Frequent training (such as being a member of our Excellence Program) gives the skills to succeed in other areas of life.
- Our dance students are consistently on honor roll, Unit High School grads, or even Illinois State Scholars.
The CRS Studio Director has written numerous college recommendation letters for leading colleges where our students have been accepted to Harvard, Princeton, Butler, MIT on engineering scholarships, …all top colleges or dance programs…and many pursue double majors.
Problem: Lack Of Self-Discipline
When children see so many peers at school lacking the ability to self-motivate and self-discipline themselves, parents need additional support to show their child how to develop these skills.
With motivated students, our classes positively reinforce teamwork, manners and self-control…
part of our “old fashioned values” environment.
With a focus on excellence, our dance classes teach students through ballet, tap, jazz and acrobatics to approach all that they do in life…with self-responsibility and personal high standards.
- Our dance lessons do not allow students to talk out of turn or misbehave in the classroom.
Problem: Poor Physical Fitness
It is proven that physical fitness increases brain function at any age.
With P.E. classes almost non-existent, our quality dance school provides rigorous full-body toning, flexibility, stamina and mental activity that increases lean muscle and mental capabilities.
- Students are provided stress relief, an increase in their overall health & better grades, with dance classes in the evening vs. going home to do homework all night. They are happier and more balanced than their peers.
- With fewer sick days and better brain development; students excel at school.
At the Christine Rich Studio, you will find accelerated dance training starting at age 4 to maximize the student’s overall development.
Problem: Lack Of Self-Confidence
In today’s world of sitting to learn, sitting to do computer work or non-personal interactions via cell phone, our youth have a higher degree of lack of confidence in talking and engaging effectively in person than previous generations.
Children in academic schools encounter apathetic peers which does not inspire self-confidence or leadership.
Our students, especially our Excellence Program Students are confident, leaders, achievers and excellent dancers.
- Our dance is physical training (no more sitting) emphasizing individually and teamwork in a social learning environment emphasizing manners and respect. Students learn to be comfortable standing and moving, making real world school reports in front of the class, well, “a piece of cake.”
- Confidence is increased slowly over time through onstage performances and fostered through a warm and motivating classroom atmosphere.
Problem: Inability To Persevere In The Face Of Challenge
In a world where everyone is a winner and homework is no longer graded…it just has to be done…sometimes…and only if the student feels like it…children struggle in the face of a real challenge such as their first job.
- Perseverance is learned over time. By placing students in the correct dance classes, they meet the syllabus challenges weekly and yearly.
- Students gain weekly self-esteem through mastering small challenges weekly. Later in life, these young adults welcome challenges.
Problem: Poor Time Management
Children live in a world of distractions (Internet and social media) and gadgets (cell phones and video games and computer movies).
With a lessening of a desire for old-fashioned ethics as discussed in this literature, time management easily falls by the way side.
- The Christine Rich Studio has observed over 3 decades that our students who are here almost every day are the most successful to get their homework done and manage their time. “If you want something done, give it to a busy person” is true for a reason.
- Students taking multiple dance classes weekly, increase their ability to focus quickly which translates into their ability to focus on schoolwork or home chores.
“Train with excellence, work with excellence” is second-nature for our youth at CRS. With our standard: “be your best,” students learn to believe in themselves.
Mastering dance subjects over the years for a child has been proven to give more life skills, focusing ability, and self-esteem than taking a little dance, sports, music, swimming, art, etc. which leads to becoming “Jack of all trades, master of none.”